Sep 21, 2017

IN WHICH NO STITCHES ARE TAKEN. WHATSOEVER.

I didn't put needle to fabric yesterday, but I did spend a fair amount of time thinking about stitching.

Flosstube and the Facebook have become such wonderful sources of inspiration, but I am itching to browse among threads and charts and linens (oh my!) at the House of Stitches.  If it wasn't so darn hot outside, I would contemplate a quick trip over to get my fix, but alas, I need to stay put and finish out the week with more appointments.

I do, however, intend to hit JoAnn's later for some felt.  Miss Danielle showed several gorgeous pieces of it, and since I too use strips of it under my q-snap clamps, I thought I would replenish my supply.

My weekend task will be a major going through of all of my finished projects.  I have three different things I intend to do with them, but first I need to spread them out and sort.  I'm pretty sure we're gonna need a bigger boat for this task, kids, since there are three big bins of stuff to be pawed.

Isn't it funny how some folks collect photographs of their life events and some of us mark the passage of time with our projects?  I think it will be interesting to flip through each of them and remember what I was doing or where I was doing it or the time of year.  (Chances are the answers will all be the same for the first two...drinking dietCoke in the Happy Chair at CS1).

Speaking of...I was there yesterday to water the plants (that I need to move over to the apartment eventually) and  apparently decided that it had been a while since my last nervous breakdown.

Just when I think I'm good, the waterworks start all over again.  I think it has to do with seeing Stewey's spot empty in front of the window, or walking into the bedroom and finding it completely empty instead of ready for a snoozy nap.  I know I need to just let it go once and for all and be grateful that I had such a wonderful fifteen years there, but my poor tender heart keeps forgetting that and just decides to crack open every now and then.

This darn headache situation is not helping matters any, but I have finally gotten it down to a dull roar.  If things go well at my 1:00 today, I will come home, don my swimming costume, and head to the pool for a plunge.  There's something about that cool water that really does the trick, and I am definitely seeing the benefits of moving around a little more with increased flexibility.  It still takes me a minute to get moving in the morning, but I am thinking that fact is more attributable to age than it is to end stage renal failure.

On that front, many of you have asked about my exact status.  I am presently Stage Five and at 11% kidney function.  I am listed on the UNOS list for a cadaver kidney and am also hoping for a kidney from my sister or someone on a paired donor chain.  I am not yet on dialysis, and am hoping to avoid it altogether with a pre-emptive transplant, but there are a few more steps that need to be taken before that can happen.  The good news is that I have completed all of my testing and have done everything IU has required of me, so now it's just a matter of waiting.  Physically, I'm completely shot and can tell that I am failing pretty rapidly, and emotionally I'm just...terrified.  But I know that I'll muddle through, since I am made of hearty peasant stock and that's what we do.

That's it for a rambly Thursday.  I'll leave you with a repeat photo of my Little...one of my favorites from a year ago.  Seems almost impossible that it's been that long some days, and then again, I feel like it was a million years ago.

Cheerio, my dears.  Do something fun and magical and come tell me all about it!




16 comments:

  1. You are still in my prayers daily and will continue to be. Wish I could be with you to sort through all the finished projects - that would be so much fun. Hope we get to see some pictures! Have a good romp in the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for your health! I think you should get a new fur baby.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continued prayers of health and strength. Thinking of you and sending you hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you definitely need to make a trip to the "House of Stitches". It will certainly boost your spirit and provide inspiration when nothing else will do. Praying for renewed energy, happiness and health.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are in our hearts! You are doing a great job!
    For my fun thing I and goinf to pick up an ornament from the finisher. Yippee! If I knew how I would send a,picture. I,too, am one who has MANY things stithed but which have never been "finished". 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers continue. I hope the day is soon when say "this is the time......". Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are an inspiration to me! Keep the chin up...is a new fur baby out of the question? If I lived close, I'd come for a dippity do in the pool with you...we could have so much fun! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hang in there, our heroine ... when prayers are answered
    you will be over that final procedure and feeling as though you have been reborn. In the meantime, hope that
    headache subsides, that the pool continues to be of so much benefit and you avoid exposing yourself to any more
    tear fests. Enjoy the positives in your life today....
    Love you with continued prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've inspired me Coni! I am going to organize all of my WIP and put them in zip lock bags so I can grab and go!
    Thank you Coni
    Ruth in Oxnard CA.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you for this your broadcast provided bright clear concept..
    ดูหนังผี

    ReplyDelete
  11. So will you be getting 2 kidneys? 1 from your sister and a cadaver kidney? And man dear I hope that headache goes away for you soon. I hate to think that on top of everything you also have to deal with a constant headache.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Khristine! Nope...just one kidney is all I need. Life as a kidney patient is basically one big flow chart...you have to cover all the different bases. The very best outcome is a kidney from a living donor that is an exact match. But you go on the list for a cadaver kidney in the event that a living donor can't be found. So...fingers crossed!

      Delete
  12. Would love to see you do a flosstube video of your WIPS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Little is so very sweet. I do miss him,?and that picture took me right back to how sad we all were last year at this time. Hang in there. All will work for out.
    Prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for this your broadcast provided bright clear concept..

    หนังแอ็คชั่น

    ReplyDelete