Sep 12, 2017

RELIEF...AT LAST

I decided to resort to desperate measures to get rid of this headache.  While Jersey worked on his laptop contraption, I took myself down to the pool for what I thought would be a few minutes of sun in a lounge chair.

And then I got totally jiggy with it and plunged right on in to the ice cold freezing water and did my exercises.

As soon as the sensation of a heart attack subsided from the shock of it, the cold was actually exactly what I needed.  I got out of the water invigorated and sans headache.

My kidney doc is on board and immediately called in a script for something industrial strength in case I need it, but for now methinks I can get back to the business of driving poor Rich up a tree with my incessant need/want/desire to cater to his every whim.

I'm starting to understand why Stewey was so keen to head to his little fort under the big girl sleigh bed every now and then.  All this time I thought it was his headquarters for plotting world domination, and it turns out it was the only place he could go to hear himself think!

Oey...once again, it's not easy being me.

But it sure is getting to be a lot more interesting!

11 comments:

  1. Yes, cold is wonderful for headache, I have migranes and an ice pack is my saviour! My husband has wandered out to the kitchen more than once to find my head in the freezer...he knows it is either a hot flash or a headache, so he doesn`t ask questions, bless him!
    Hope your days are happy, stitchy and pain free! xo Mj

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a wonder! You just keep on keeping on. And you eventually come out a winner! You are my hero: both for your stitching and for your capacity to adjust to whatever life sends your way!! As for darling Stewey he was doing the masculine thing. I miss his,antics and reports. Wish he could report from heaven when he wasn't busy with tea and crumpets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I bet he is up there playing PUMPKIN!! as we speak! <3

      Delete
  3. So grateful you are feeling better! This last post made me grin from ear to ear ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you got relief from the headache. A little vascular constriction, eh. Never underestimate the value of a man cave.

    Yes, it is getting interesting...try and let him take care of a few things now and then. They need to feel useful and needed. It's a man thing. Oh, carry cases of vitamin water up the stairs, lol.

    So happy for you and prayers continue......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to hear that the cold pool water helped with your headache. Enjoy the rest of the evening, Coni!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad that headache hit the road! You have much more fun things to do right now than suffer with a headache :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. After enduring that headache and finding the solution,
    may you sleep the sleep of Angels this evening and awake
    refreshed and renewed.... Hope Jersey realizes that your
    doting is the expression of an overflowing heart and not
    a "need" to please. He is probably counting his blessings
    that you are you.....Revel in it.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad you're feeling better. I just smile every time I read your post and today I had a BRILLIANT idea. Tell Jersey Boy that this Jersey Girl thinks he should buy CS1 and you can both move in and live happily ever after.....just saying. I so love happy endings. (PS - if I could spell I would not have had to delete the previous post :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Jersey Boy has known you long enough that he knows how you like to make special people comfortable, he probably has his branch already staked out, but he wouldn't be there if he didn't want to be. I'm so glad your headache has flitted off, enjoy Jersey's company.

    ReplyDelete