Dec 4, 2017

SUNDAY IN THE HAPPY CHAIR WITH WENDY...

Please forgive a late posting today, Dearies.  I've been a bit out of commission due to an unexpected and unwelcome visit from Mr. Crohn's.  He and I had separated quite some time ago and he was remaining at bay with clean living and a Walgreens full of meds, but these last few days?

Oey.

But, before you cry for me, Argentina...behold!  Progress, joy, and fun fun fun:
I managed to complete another two sections of my Wendy Moore class yesterday and stay true to my plan to enjoy this piece each Sunday.

(Cue the gold star, please.)

In the midst of drinking lots of water and taking lots of naps, I have been thinking about several stitchy-related things.  Some involve just me...like whether or not I want to try a rotation system next year.  Some involve you...like whether or not you would enjoy/participate in/or be completely offended by a Spinster Stitcher marketplace.

Next year will mark the ten year anniversary of this here blog, so I am thinking about doing a few things to celebrate that.  One idea I had was to publish the blog into a book.  Another idea was to offer several different things for sale with sayings on them relative to this thing of ours and using the proceeds for a Stitcher's Fund (or maybe donating them to an animal rescue org).  The final thing on my list (which is actually the first thing I will complete, ironically) is a thank you gift.  I got the final piece of that puzzle completed today, so my hope is that those will be ready to fly by year's end.

Who says laying in the big girl sleigh bed is a waste of time?

So, stay tuned please, and if you feel any certain way about any of the above...all opinions are welcome and will be carefully considered.

(Yes...even yours, Betty.)

Rich is home from the Martin's with dinner provisions and peppermint ice cream.  He stayed here to watch over me today, bless his little heart, so now he's going to fuss over me like a mother hen to make sure I stay hydrated and well fed.  I really don't know what I'd do without him.

Happy Monday, one and all!  I hope your corner of the world is completely swell and that you'll come tell me all about it!

27 comments:

  1. I'm excited about all of the above! Well, except for the part about Mr. Crown :(. Hopefully he won't hang around long

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to order from your Marketplace and buy your book!!! You are more talented than many authors out there now!! Hope you get to feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I would definitely order from your marketplace and buy your book! Both would be absolutely wonderful!
    Take care of yourself and feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many good ideas!! I wait with bated breath. First, however, take care of you ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you cling to your ambitions and share them....
    Excited about your proposed marketplace...curiosity is peaked by the "thank you" aspect. Above all, I am so
    delighted that Rich is by your side keeping you hydrated,
    nourished and watching over you. What a guy~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, peppermint ice cream. I do hope you are feeling better and have kicked Mr. Crohn to the curb. I look forward to what you have in store for 2018, Coni.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coni, Lots of great ideas! I particularly am intrigued by your Marketplace. Hope you feel better soon! I am happy that you have Rich there to help and give love and support. :)
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Onward with these wonderful ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coni, God bless you with all good and God bless Rich for being with you and taking such good care of you because you are precious to more people than you know. Love, hugs & prayers, Cathryn ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your ideas are wonderful, especially the donation to an Animal Shelter....in honor of Stewey. He would be thrilled. Also, there is a facebook group called Stash Unload. It is strictly for selling stash - anything stitching related. There are over TWELVE THOUSAND members. It is easy as long as you follow the rules. They are posted, so take a look. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Feel better soon! I am glad to see that you are using your down time to plan out future projects and tasks.

    Many thanks to Rich for taking care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you recover very quickly. I agree, thank goodness for Rich, he's your angel. I like your ideas for next year and have no additional thoughts percolating to contribute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would be very interested if you had cross stitch charts for sale on your blog, provided you would be willing to post to the UK. Hope you feel better soon, have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of it sounds wonderful Connie! Considering your situation with medical expenses though, I think it would be just fine if you kept the proceeds of whatever you sell for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. All wonderful ideas. Can't wait. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It all sounds most intriguing my dear...oh the mind boggles!

    Hope the Crohns goes away soon...feel better! xo Mj

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would be first in line for your book. All the ideas sound great. Rest up and be fussed over... you deserve it xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Coni, I am thrilled that you are "finding your way" through the thick fog!! Hoping your Crohn's settles down. I think the Marketplace sounds wonderful!

    Debbie in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  19. All of your ideas sound great! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. If I didn't know better I would think that Stewey came back in the human form of Rich-at the very least I do think Stewey sent him to you. You are so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your ideas would love to purchase one of your pieces! I thought Rich was staying at your home. Is he in Indiana permanently?
    Ruth in Oxnard CA. <~~~~ and nosey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, dear Ruth! Yes, Rich is here. I meant that he stayed home from work to watch over me....instead of going to the office.

      (And you can be as nosey as you want any time you want, Dearie!)

      Delete
  22. You're a busy lady when not feeling up to snuff. All of your ideas sound interesting and exciting. I can't wait to see what transpires. I agree with Violet Stitches about you keeping the proceeds to use for your expenses.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Book! And a coffee mug to go with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mmmmm, peppermint ice cream. Hope you feel better soon, Coni.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would just adore a spinster stitcher marketplace!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I would love a Spinster Stitcher Marketplace!! Tell me more, tell me more! :)

    ReplyDelete